Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vinyl, Vinyl, Vinyl

My newest obsession is vinyl, why?? because you can create sooooo many different things with it if you have the right materials and machines, and I think that when you hand-make things it adds more "homeyness" to your home. All of these projects were super cheap to make, which is probably one of the reasons why I love them so much.


This is the first one I made. I just bought a piece of wood and had them cut it for me so that it was the right length, then I pained and sanded the edges, put on the vinyl (purchased from Stampin' Up!) and then added the screws and put bows on the top to cover the screws- I don't think I'm quite done tweaking it.



This was my second project that I completed with my friend Sarah, I can't take full credit because she definitely has an "eye" for how things will look when done- something I don't have at all. I was given the plain "barn star" and I saw one that was covered in different coordinating papers and it was adorable so I wanted to recreate it. I only had 4 coordinating papers so I had to improvise and use my stamps to decorate a 5th design to match the rest. Then I used my bigshot and cut out the vinyl butterflies and then I used my cricut to cut out "tranquillity"- my new favorite word, it just describes the greatest feeling in the world! I really want to get another star and use Christmas paper- I think that would be fabulous!


This is my latest projects which I just completed today for Halloween (there's a bat in the middle and then a spider on top and bottom, in case you didn't see it the first time you looked), again with the help of Sarah- I don't think I'll ever make another craft without her. I used the leftover piece of wood from my first project and painted it green, added the vinyl (Stampin' Up!), then I used a sponge brush and dry brushed and sanded the edges, then I added designer brads to the ribbon and stuck them off with "sticky tape" then added the screws and ribbon and VOILA!! I'm excited to be able to hang it on my door!!!

No comments: